Monday, December 16, 2013

Challenge #114 - Ribbon


Amanda

Ribbon is definitely one of my favorite scrapbook embellishments on both cards and layouts. I couldn't decide which to do for my example so I did one of each! I apologize for the poor photos - the weather and lighting just has not been conducive for good photo taking!

This here is going to be one of my Christmas cards this year - I used a sparkly tape ribbon under the snowflakes and then a grey ribbon for the bow.


For my layout I used a ribbon under my photo mat that is designed to look like a measuring tape. I used it in a bow here also.



I love this sentiment from a Darkroom Door set of Ribbon Stamps



The sunrise photo is of a beach close to where I live taken in summer when the air was already simmering.
The ribbons are all stamped onto little bits and pieces of hand made papers.
The tag is a large one designed for hanging.


Isbaha

I love the way ribbons add texture and dimension to the projects ! My favorite use is to fold the ribbon onto a glue line and to hold it by some machine sewing.




Barb

I have lots of ribbon in my stash, but I rarely remember to take it out and use it, so this was a perfect challenge for me.
For this challenge I used some rick rack that has been laying around for quite some time. All in all, this layout came together very quickly with a few scraps of left over paper and left over embellishment bits.



Tammy
I have a really big ribbon bucket that I like to draw from.  I'm deep into creating my December daily right now and just used a few pieces of ribbon for this page.  I added some to the tag for dimension as well as to the main page for a little color pop.



Lynne
I used ribbon around for the flower petals and to add an accent to the bottom of the layout.








1 comment:

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful DT inspiration and thanks for a great challenge x